"The Rorschach Software of Choice"
VERSION 6.05 IS HERE!
CLICK HERE FOR A FULL TOUR
(continue below to see only changes made in the v6.03, v6.04, and v6.05 updates)
for current users:
Version 6.05 Update
Version 6.05 is the latest release of ROR-SCAN.
You must be running either v6.03 or v6.04 before you can update to v6.05. If you are running v6.00, v6.01, or v6.02, you must first update to v6.03 or v6.04. For update directions and to find out which version you are now running, click here.
The v6.05 update is a minor one consisting of the following three changes:
Adjusted Afr for age in the CDI and DEPI: Earlier versions adjusted Afr for age everywhere except in these two indices.
Enabled mouse wheel scrolling of all reports: In earlier versions the mouse wheel had no effect, requiring use of the scroll bar to scroll reports.
Changed "Email ROR-SCAN" button to send mail to our new email address: Earlier versions sent email to our old email address, no longer in use.
Version 6.04 Update
You must be running v6.03 before you can update to v6.04. If you are currently running v6.03 and intend to update to v6.05, there is no need to install this v6.04 update; you can go directly to the v6.05 update. For directions and to find out which version you are now running, click here.
The v6.04 update is a minor one consisting of the following three changes:
Slight change in the layout of the "4-square": Some users are accustomed to starting their analysis of Scoring Summary data with an examination of the "4-square" showing the values of EB, eb, EA, and es. The Scoring Summary layout in v6.04 makes the layout of that data somewhat more prominent.
SumC’:WSumC display fix: In the display of the SumC’:WSumC ratio in the Scoring Summary and the Steps, when WSumC is a two digit whole number, an extra period character (".") was displayed at the end of the number. The extra period no longer appears.
Database file bug fix: In the creation of database files, Movement determinants that are coded as a-p (Map, FMap, and map) were counted twice, causing a miscalculation of the total Movement determinants in the record. That error is fixed. The miscalculations in the database file were rare and did not effect other areas of the program.
Version 6.03 Update
All users of v6.00, v6.01, and v6.02 should first obtain this update. You can not update to v6.04 or v6.05 unless you have first updated to v6.03. For directions and to find out which version you are now running, click here.
The v6.03 update is an important one that includes the following changes:
Option to use a computer with no floppy drive: As you may know, the 3.5" diskette is gradually being forced into obsolescence as more and more computers are sold without a floppy disk drive. The v6.03 update enables you to run ROR-SCAN whether or not your computer has a floppy drive. Floppyless computers, including floppyless Macs with PC emulation, can now run ROR-SCAN. With the v6.03 update, you can install an authorization from your authorization diskette or, if you wish to run the program on a floppyless computer, you can use an authorization delivered by email – with no diskette needed.
Authorization changes: When you start v6.03 on a computer that has not been authorized, instead of receiving only a message that no authorization was found, you will see the program’s opening screen with a new button labeled "Authorize ROR-SCAN". Clicking it gives you a choice of installing an authorization from your diskette or having an authorization delivered by email without the aid of a diskette. After you choose which method you want to use, special help screens guide you through the process. After the computer has been authorized by either method, clicking the "Authorize ROR-SCAN" button opens the Authorization Manager straight from the program itself, no longer requiring you to open it separate from ROR-SCAN. That makes it easier to use the Authorization Manager’s Remove, Check, and Modify functions. The Help system has been revised to reflect these changes.
Windows XP and SpeedDisk compatibility: If your earlier version of ROR-SCAN 6 required you to apply the "Final Fix" to use Windows XP, updating to v6.03 will eliminate that extra step. Windows XP and Norton SpeedDisk’s defragmenter will not invalidate an authorization of v6.03 . If you ever need to reinstall the program from your older V6 CD, be sure to update the installation to v6.03 and you will not need the Final Fix.
No patches for v6.00, v6.01, or v6.02: Version 6.03 completely replaces all earlier releases of V6. You can update straight to v6.03 without using the patches that were previously required. If you need to install the program on another computer, install it from any earlier V6 CD and then install the v6.03 update.
Bug and glitch fixes: A bug was discovered in earlier versions that calculated one instance of the Human Response Variable as GHR when it should have been PHR. The error occurred very rarely and it is now fixed. Several minor quirks in the user interface have been corrected.
DIRECTIONS FOR INSTALLING AN UPDATE
Determine your operating version: Knowing you are using "Version 6" is not sufficient information to determine which specific version you now have running. After you determine your specific version, you will know which update you need to install. The specific version number is shown on the program’s opening screen and also is displayed when you click Help > About ROR-SCAN. It will be either v6.00, v6.01, v6.02, v6.03, v6.04, or the current v6.05. If you are using ROR-SCAN FLASH, it will be helpful to also determine the drive letter your computer assigned to the flash drive (right-click its shortcut icon and look at "Properties").
Authorization: You can update your current V6 installation whether or not an authorization is currently installed. There is no need to remove or install an authorization before updating.
Update procedure for current users of v6.00, v6.01, or v6.02 only:
1. Download the v6.03 update: When you click on the link below, you will begin to download a 2.5 Mb installation program for the v6.03 update. The file is named "UpdateSetup603.exe". Save the download to your desktop so you can easily find at after the download completes.
2. Install the update: After the download finishes, you will be able to install the update. Of course, your previous version 6.00, 6.01, or 6.02 must already be installed in order to update it. If it isn’t, there is nothing to update and the installation will abort. Before starting the update installation, be sure ROR-SCAN is not currently open and in use. It is best to also close down other programs that are running. Double-click the downloaded file and installation of the update will begin. Read each screen and follow the on-screen instructions. Important: When you reach the screen entitled "Choose Destination Location", the drive and folder indicated are most likely where your existing ROR-SCAN V6 is located but please check to make sure that the listed location is accurate. Unless you changed the original default installation location, that folder will be C:\rsw6 (on your C drive in a folder named rsw6). The update files are intended to overwrite some of your current installation’s files. The update process will not delete any Rorschach files you may have in the rsw6\files folder and it will not replace your existing FQ tables.
3. After the update: When the installation finishes, double-click the ROR-SCAN icon on your desktop. If your computer was previously authorized, ROR-SCAN v6.03 will start and v6.03 will be shown on the opening screen. If there is no authorization on your computer you will receive an "error #19" or "error #0" message. Make a note of the error number and proceed to click the "Authorize ROR-SCAN" button. You will then find two more buttons. Because your computer has a floppy drive and you have an authorization diskette, you should click the "Diskette Authorization" button. You will see complete on-screen directions to authorize the computer using your diskette. If you receive an error message during this process, please note the number, at which point you received it, and report it accurately. If you kept the previously installed "Authorization Manager" icon on your desktop, you will have easy access to all functions of the Authorization Manager. If the icon is no longer on your desktop, you can still run all functions of the Authorization Manager (authmanw.exe) by starting it from the ROR-SCAN program group (Start > All Programs > ROR-SCAN > Authorization Manager). If the computer is not authorized, only the "Install" function is available by starting the Authorization Manager from within ROR-SCAN.
Update procedure for current users of v6.03 or v6.04 only:
You can update ROR-SCAN v6.03 or v6.04 to the current v6.05 whether the program was installed from a CD or by download from this web site. Users of ROR-SCAN FLASH who have v6.04 should also use this procedure but remember to first insert the flash drive so the update can find the program! If you don’t know the drive letter that was assigned to your flash drive, right-click its shortcut icon and look at "Properties".
In case of problems, email ROR-SCAN for help and describe what happened as precisely as possible. Be aware that computers don’t take kindly to improvisation!
1. Download the v6.05 update: When you click on the link below, you will begin to download a 1.5 Mb installation program for the v6.05 update. The file is named "UpdateSetup605.exe". Save the download to your desktop so you can easily find at after the download completes.
2. How to install the update: Version 6.03 or 6.04 must be installed on your computer in order to update to 6.05. In addition, you must already have used v6.03 or v6.04 so that the program has had a chance to record its version number on your computer. If you have not entered a new client record since your previous update, you can accomplish the same thing by opening an old record, making a simple change to it (we suggest adding an additional Content such as "Id" to any response), and closing ROR-SCAN so the program saves the record and records your new update version. Remember to go back later and change the record back to its original state (delete the Id Content you added). Before starting the update installation, make sure to close ROR-SCAN. It is best to close down other programs that are running.
Double-click the downloaded file and installation of the update will begin. Read each screen and follow the on-screen instructions. Important: When you reach the screen entitled "Choose Destination Location", the drive and folder indicated are most likely where your existing ROR-SCAN v6.03 or v6.04 is located but please check to make sure that the listed location is accurate. Unless you changed the original default installation location, for many users that folder will be C:\rsw6 (on your C drive in a folder named rsw6). The update is intended to overwrite one of your current installation’s files. The update process will not delete any Rorschach files you may have in the rsw6\files folder and it will not replace your existing FQ tables.
3. After the update: When the installation finishes, double-click the ROR-SCAN icon on your desktop. If the program was previously authorized, ROR-SCAN v6.05 will start and v6.05 will be shown on the opening screen.